The Health Center is staffed with nurses and assistants who work very closely with Administrators, the School Counseling Department and other Student Services personnel. They are responsible for:
- Keeping cumulative medical records of all students; reviewing all medical examination records for special needs; and making necessary adjustments such as extra time between classes, rest time following surgery, sever illness or accident, preferential seating for vision or hearing loss, adaptations in the Physical Education program.
- Interpreting special health needs of students to faculty members, and participating in conferences concerning students whenever appropriate.
- Carrying out vision and hearing screening.
- Providing emergency care of ill or injured students.
- Administering prescribed or over-the-counter medications such as Advil, Tylenol and Midol, as authorized on the Medication Authorization Form (Adm. Procedure 7:270-E1) or subsequent physician’s authorization. Students may not give other students any medications (prescribed or over-the-counter.)