Anonymous Tip Line – 847-626-2308
Niles North has an anonymous tip line for the safety of our students, staff and school community, which is active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Any individuals with knowledge of any inappropriate behavior, bullying, or illegal actions related to the Niles North High School campus or school activities are encouraged to report the information directly to a school official immediately. However, students may also call the tip line as an option. Concerning behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Threats or plans for violence
- Hearing about another person’s suicidal thoughts
- Harassment of bullying
- Repeated references to past violent events
- Recent interest in and/or fascination with weapons
Specific words used when making threatening or suicidal statements are extremely important. Please report them as you heard or read them.
When reporting an issue concerning the safety and well-being of a student or staff member, theft, suspicious activity, or damage to property using the Tip Line, please include as much information about the situation as possible, including:
- The name of the person of concern or the person who committed the theft or damage (if known)
- Physical description
- The person’s last known location
- Important location information such as website, email address, social media, and/or street address used
When a message is received from the tip line, the information will be reviewed and referred to the appropriate staff member. Staff members may include a dean, counselor, social worker, administrator and/or School Resource Officer.
We believe a student’s right to feel safe in school is paramount and contributes significantly to his or her capacity for learning. It is with this in mind that BULLYING and/or HARASSMENT in any form is not tolerated. Niles Township High School District 219 has a protocol for reporting harassment and bullying.