WHO PAYS SCHOOL FEES?
Any active student in the Niles Township District 219 school system or it’s affiliates are responsible for paying the yearly school registration fees.
WHEN ARE SCHOOL FEES DUE?
School fees must be paid before the new school year begins. NO textbooks will be released during early distribution unless all or a portion of the fees are paid. Notification of the fees will be sent home every July. Payments can be made by cash, check or online with a credit/debit card (Mastercard, Visa or Discover).
WHAT IF I HAVE MORE THAN ONE STUDENT ATTENDING THE SCHOOL?
- A student attending any Niles Township District 219 facility will pay the maximum amount of $450.00 per year.
- The second oldest child will receive a discount of $150.00, only owning $300.00 per year.
- Families with 3 or more students attending Niles Township High Schools will be accessed a maximum amount of $750.00 for school fees per family per year.
- Please notify the bookkeeper if the fee statements do not reflect this discount.
WHAT IF I CANNOT PAY ANY OF THE FEES?
Waivers for school fees and the lunch program are available for families that fall within the low income levels designated by the State of Illinois. School and course fees are the only fees that can be waived. Bus and Cosmetology fees must be paid. Please contact Tracy Hunt or 847-626-2013 for further information.
WHAT IF I CAN NOT PAY THE FEES IN FULL?
Payment plans are available. A minimum deposit of $150.00 for school fees is required. Please contact the bookkeeper for further assistance.
WHAT IF I AM A MID-YEAR GRADUATE?
WHAT IF I WITHDRAW FROM SCHOOL?
Students that are enrolled for one semester should only pay half of the yearly school fees. This is mainly for mid-year graduates. Please be aware, when a family plans on moving out of the district, their fees will be reduced. Any student enrolled for 10 days or more in one semester, must pay for the entire semester.
HOW DO I GET FEES REMOVED FROM MY ACCOUNT?
Classes with separate fees (Dr.Ed., Cosmetology, Art, English and P.E. supplies) will be removed from a student’s financial record after the specific class has been dropped and a schedule change has been made. Once the class has been removed, the student’s counselor must notify the bookkeeper of the schedule change. Only then will the fee be removed.
ARE THERE EVER REFUNDS ON FEES?
School fees will be refunded to families when:
- Students withdraw before the 10th day of attendance.
- Mid year graduates paid for a full year of fees. The refund will be made after the start of the 2nd semester and required paperwork is received.
No refunds will be given to families when:
- The school fees were paid and than the family applied and were approved for waivers.
- Proper documentation was not given to verify the student has withdrawn/graduated from school.
WHAT IS A SCHOOL FINE?
- Any textbook that is not returned by the specific due date will be considered lost and the cost of the book will become a fine. Contact the Textbook Center for info about lost textbooks.
- Any club related event, such as fundraising, ticket sales, equipment or clothing may be charged to a student when the club sponsor feels that the student has neglected to pay the dollars due.
- No fine will be removed without the coach/sponsors approval.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I HAVE A FINE?
Students and Parents with outstanding fines will receive an e-mail notification three times per year. (October, February and June).
WHAT EFFECT DOES A FINE HAVE ON MY PARTICIPATION?
No student may participate in extra-curricular activities. The student will not receive official transcripts, graduation tickets or a parking sticker unless all fees/fines are paid or arrangements have been made for payments.
HOW DO I OBTAIN A STATEMENT OF AMOUNTS PAID FOR MY INCOME TAXES?
Contact the bookkeeper and a statement can be e-mailed or mailed to you.
WHAT IS THE TEXTBOOK POLICY?
Students have up to 10 days after the last day of school to return a textbook. After 10 days, the book must be paid for. No refunds will be given if the book is found and turned in after 10 days. Please contact Jonta Frazier with any question.
The cost of a yearly sticker is $300.00. Parking stickers are available on a first come first served basis at the beginning of each school year. Seniors and Juniors get first priority. Depending on availability, stickers may be sold on a daily basis. Contact the Security Office for more information.