Dear D219 Students and Parents/Guardians:
Niles Township High School District 219 is closely monitoring developments regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), including information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health. We are also working in cooperation with the Village of Skokie Health Department, which is available to advise us whenever there is a public health or safety concern that may affect students.
As with any respiratory virus, we recommend everyday practices that will help keep you healthy and avoid illness. Please remember the following good health habits:
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap is not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Do not share water bottles or similar containers.
- Visit a doctor if you have a fever, cough, body aches, and/or fatigue.
- If you or a family member is sick, stay home and limit contact with others.
Below are links to more information about the coronavirus:
Centers for Disease Control
This CDC site includes information about COVID-19, and provides travel information that might be helpful to those planning trips over spring break.
Illinois Department of Public Health
D219 will continue to take reasonable steps to keep our school functioning as normal, including routine cleaning. In the event D219 receives additional information about the coronavirus that leads us to take any additional precautions, we will inform students, parents, staff and community members.
Superintendent of Schools