Our congratulations to Ron Zagorski and Glenn Olson, the latest coaches to be added to the Niles North Coaches Wall of Honor. Coach Zagorski has been coaching athletes for more than 23 years at Niles North (Varsity Assistant Baseball Coach/Summer Baseball Coach/Varsity Football Statistician). Glenn Olson has served as Head Boys Varsity Basketball Coach since 2009 and under his guidance, the Vikings achieved: Sectional Champions (2011), Regional Champions (2011-2013, 2018), and Conference Champions (2011, 2013). He is a four-time Illinois Basketball Coaches Association (IBCA) District 4 Coach of the Year and Niles North’s All-Time Winningest Basketball Coach (244-116).
All alumni, students and community members are invited to celebrate the induction of Coach Zagorski and Coach Olson to the Wall of Honor that will take place on Friday, October 4 at the Niles North vs. Maine West home football game. At 6:40 p.m., Ron Zagorski and Glenn Olson and members of their families, Wall of Honor Committee members, and Former Recipients of the Wall of Honor will meet Niles North Athletic Director Brett Bildstein on the 50-yard line. The Induction will take place at 6:55 p.m. on the Main Field, Niles North High School, 9800 Lawler, Skokie.
Coaches Wall of Honor Inductee Ron Zagorski
“Ron Zagorski has been an integral part of Niles North baseball for over 20 years. This ranges from getting the water/snow off the fields, to daily field maintenance, to actually assisting some city teams with transportation to play at Niles North. He has impacted numerous Viking programs from feeder through high school. He is a member of the Illinois High School Baseball Coaches Association Hall of Fame. He is also a role model for other coaches as he has helped coaches keep a proper perspective on what is important, personal development, not wins and losses.”
– Coach Ed Toledo
Nominated by: Ed Toledo
- Varsity Assistant Baseball Coach (1997-present)
- Summer Baseball Coach (1995-present)
- Varsity Football Statistician (1996-present)
- Member of IHSBCA Hall of Fame
- Baseball Coach at Schurz High School when they won multiple city championships as well as the IHSA Championship
- Started Donna Zagorski Memorial Scholarship which is given annually to a deserving baseball player
Coaches Wall of Honor Inductee: Glenn Olson
“Glenn’s success is due largely to the fact that he is here every day and often into the night working with students. His dedication to working with our students is exceptional and not without personal sacrifice. Glenn is a positive role model for our students here at Niles North. Before Glenn, a 20-win season was an anomaly, now it is expected.” – Coach Paul Swanson.
Nominated by: Paul Swanson
- Head Boys Varsity Basketball Coach (2009-present)
- Boys Sectional Champions (2011)
- Boys Regional Champions (2011, 2012, 2013, 2018)
- Boys Conference Champions (2011, 2013)
- All-Time Winningest Basketball at Niles North 207-96 (244-116)
- Won 20 or more games eight of the last nine years
- Coached over 25 players who have continued their career at the collegiate level.