High School District 219
1. Locate these Regions on a Map
-Great Wall of China
Between these two maps, you will be
2. What features isolated China from the rest of Eurasia?
Use the online enyclopedias to answer questions 3 through 14.
(Click on the images to open the encyclopedias)
3. Why does China’s population live in the eastern part of China?
4. What did the mandate of heaven state. Why would a dynasty end?
5. What were the teachings of Confucius concerned with?
6. Who was the Civil service exam in China used for?
7. What was the Open Door Policy? What did it create? Spheres of Influence
8. Who was leader of Nationalist army? What was the Long March? Results of Long March? Who did the Communist and Nationalists team up to fight with during World War II?
9. What is communism? How is it set up?
10. Why did the Communists win the Chinese Revolution? What happened to nationalists after Communist Revolution? Where did they go?
11. What economic policies set up by Mao were harmful? What were results of Great Leap Forward?
12. Who were the Red Guards?
13. What was propaganda? What types of propaganda were used by Mao?
14. What did Deng do to crack down against democracy movements?
- Summer School