High School District 219
Read through the following section to become acquainted with the goals and expectations for your sophomore year at Niles North. The following list is not exhaustive; it serves as a general guide to assist you. The guidance counselors recommend you read the following suggestions and participate in the groups and informative workshops planned throughout the year.
Your Sophomore Year
Exploration - Learning about yourself
- Keep future options open; enroll in solid academic courses.
- Take the iACT Assessment in April.
- Take the optional PSAT in October.
- Participate in counselor-directed activities.
- Continue your involvement in volunteer and co-curricular activities.
- Visit the College Resource Center in Rm. 1255.
- Assess your aptitudes, skills, and personality.
- Explore careers in depth using Naviance.
- Talk more extensively with your parents about college options and financing a college education.
- Utilize various resources to research high school requirements, as well as admission requirements for colleges that you may like to attend.
- Attend Sophomore College Information Night in April.